PEI members of the Save our Seas and Shores Coalition (SOSS) are organizing a Quiet Walk for the Protection of the Gulf of St. Lawrence to be held on September 11 in conjunction with a meeting of the federal and provincial Ministers of Energy and Mines at the Delta Prince Edward Hotel, Charlottetown, PEI.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2012
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
MEET at the Confederation Landing Park Gazebo at 11:30 or JOIN the walk anytime between 11:30 and 1:30 on Water Street between Peake's Quay and the Delta Prince Edward Hotel, where federal and provincial Ministers of Energy will be meeting. We will walk single file on the sidewalk on Water St. to avoid keeping anyone from going about their business.
Here are some ways you can help:
• participate in the Quiet Walk, even if you can join us for only a few minutes during your lunch break;
• if you wish, make a placard, expressing your thoughts about why the moratorium is essential, to carry with you as you walk;
• forward this message and flyer to all your contacts through email and facebook;
• print and post copies of the flyer at your workplace and in your community;
• write a letter to your MLA, the Minister of Energy, and/or the Premier;
• join the Save Our Seas and Shores Coalition on facebook by going to www.facebook.com/protectgulf and join the St. Lawrence Coalition by going to www.coalitionsaintlaurent.ca and clicking “Coalition” and “Join”.