Sierra Club Ontario's (SCO) Nomination Committee is seeking candidates as members to serve on its volunteer, non-profit Executive Committee, commencing January 2018.
Candidates should be passionate about environmental protection and supporting grassroots activists in local communities to advocate for a more sustainable, greener future. We are looking for candidates who meet one (or more) of the following criteria:
- A track record of commitment and reliability as a Volunteer/Campaign Leader, and facility as a team player.
- Experience and success in developing and executing Fundraising and Development strategies for non-profit organizations.
- Experience and skilled at Marketing and Communications to help strengthen SCO's campaign outreach efforts in local communities.
- At this time, SCO is particularly interested in candidates suited to join its Finance Committee.
The Executive Committee is responsible for leadership and good governance, which means:
- Vision - planning for the future
- Destination - setting goals and providing a general ‘road map’
- Resources - securing the resources necessary to achieve the goals or reach the destination
- Monitoring - periodically ensuring that the organizational vehicle is well-maintained and progressing, within legal limits, toward its destination and
- Accountability - ensuring efficient use of resources; reporting progress and detours to stakeholders.
SCO's Executive Committee meets 6 times per year and is committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity in all of its appointments and activities, self-nomination is welcome. Deadline to apply is Friday, October 27, 2017.