Think Globally, Act Locally.
Volunteers and volunteer leaders are the heart of the Ontario Chapter at Sierra Club of Canada Foundation.
As a grassroots organization, we have limited full-time staff and are unable to cover all of the important issues facing Ontarians. It is our volunteers who primarily initiate and lead new campaigns, and keep the Chapter staff up-to-date on what is happening. There are also always opportunities to volunteer on our campaign in areas like:
- Advocacy (e.g. writing letters to/ meeting with politicians)
- Public speaking and giving presentations
- Research/prep work for existing and upcoming campaigns
- Outreach (e.g. calling members to renew their membership, staffing booths at events)
- Social Media and communications (writing, multimedia, graphic design)
- Fundraising (e.g. writing grant proposals, reaching out to new donors)
- Community event planning
- Governance (e.g. sitting on planning committees)
If you have relevant experience or expertise, and are interested in volunteering in one or more of the above areas:
Send us your CV outlining your interests, relevant skills, and experiences at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (613) 241-4611.