Do you have a passion for the environment and want to help stop Climate Change? Would you like to be part of something bigger and make an impact in your community? Are you looking to get back in shape and achieve your 2017 fitness goals?
If you answered yes to one or more of those questions, then come join us as we partake in this year’s Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon as an official charity partner of the Scotiabank Charity Challenge!
Mark the event details in your calendar:
What: Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon
[5K, Half Marathon or Full Marathon]
When: Sunday, October 22nd 2017
Where: Downtown Toronto
Why should you fundraise for Sierra Club Canada Foundation and support our cause?
- We work with local citizens, elected officials, and communities to protect green spaces, wildlife habitat and watersheds as part of the Southern Ontario Greenbelt.
- We helped stop the use of bee-killing pesticides in Ontario and nationally, and promoted creation of native habitat for pollinators.
- We work to protecting the Great Lakes from pollution, invasive species, nutrient run-off, and changes in water levels that threaten the Lakes' delicate ecosystems.
- We are campaigning to stop the proposed Energy East and Eastern Mainline pipelines from threatening watersheds, wildlife habitat, and human health; to oppose dangerous nuclear plants; and to advocate for renewable energy to support National climate goals
- We regularly organize spring and summer tree plantings in the Greater Toronto Area to help reduce the impacts of urbanization
- Moreoever, when you support us you are supporting our NATIONAL NETWORK of grassroots activists who are performing actions big and small to protect our earth. Read more about our history of accomplishments here!
If you need a little more persuading before commiting to joining our team, here are more reasons to join us:
- Discounted registration running fee (up to 25%) when you sign up through us! We need at least 16 runners registered to make sure we cover our registration fees.
- As Scotiabank covers all the fees associated with online fundraising, 100% of the funds you raise will go directly to funding our programs and initiatives.
- A great motivation to start training and getting in shape for your 5K run or walk, 21K, or 42K run. Even better, get a group of friends and family together to motivate each other and make it a social activity! Baby stroller joggers also welcome for a 5K walk/run.
- Free entry to the 2-day Running, Health and Fitness Expo with up to 85 exhibitors.
- An opportunity to meet and mingle with Sierra Club Canada Foundation’s awesome volunteers, staff, and board members. We’ll have a race team social after the race.
- Weekly training runs and support from our running experts, as well as fundraising tips and guidelines from our team.
- The bigger our team, the greater the chance Sierra Club Canada Foundation can win cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place for total funds raised, runners registered, or largest average dollars raised per fundraising runner!
Here are additional prizes you stand to win based on your fundraising level:
- Sierra Club Canada Foundation Tote bag
- Sierra Club Canada Foundation Water Bottle
- Sierra Club Wall Calendar
- Sierra Club Engagement Calendar
- One-year Sierra Magazine Subscription
- Sierra Club Canada Foundation Membership (Worth $50/year)
*All registered runners will get a Sierra Club Run T-Shirt.
Online Fundraising Platform:
Online fundraising will be done on a secure and convenient fundraising platform provided through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge organizers. All online donations end on October 31st, 2017 at 5pm.
If you'd like to sign up with a team, please contact email@example.com to find out how you can do so.
Ready to run and fundraise for the Environment with all of us here at Sierra Club Canada Foundation?
Ready to register and join us in this quest? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to run but would still like to support the important charitable work that we do? You can make a direct donation here.