SIERRA CLUB CANADA INTERNSHIP - General
Sierra Club Canada National Office, Ottawa, Ontario
One position available.
Positions starts the week of September 8, 2009
Deadline for applications: August 23, 2009
- Make a meaningful contribution to the environment
- Be immersed in the most current and pressing environmental issues
- Learn from some of Canadas most experienced environmentalists
Sierra Club Canada
1-412 Nicholas Street
Usually three to four months, but Sierra Club will consider longer internship periods.
Hours of work
9 a.m. 5 p.m. Monday to Friday (usually)
Sierra Club Canada interns have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the day-to-day activities of one of Canada’s most effective environmental organizations.
Work closely with Sierra Club Canadas operations and campaigns staff
- Internet, telephone and face-to-face research
- Analyzing and collating data and empirical information
- Write and edit reports and proposals
- Some clerical duties such as answering phone, operating office equipment
- Other duties as relevant and directed by supervisor
- Proven skills in research and analysis
- Excellent written and oral communications and intrapersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Interns must have or be working towards a university degree
Please note that this position is unpaid.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Membership in SCC
A chance to learn more about the environment and how to enjoy and protect it.
A chance to be part of an effective grassroots team that works actively to protect the environment.
A chance to meet like-minded people through social activities, member nights, local outings, fundraising events and annual general meetings.
Local and worldwide outings through our network of chapters and local groups.
Chapter newsletter - you automatically become a member of a chapter and get background on local issues, book reviews and news of upcoming events and outings.
SCAN - Sierra Club of Canada's national newsletter
For more information, you can call us toll-free at 1-888-810-4204