Sierra Club Atlantic is a vibrant grassroots organization that helps empower people to protect, restore, and enjoy a healthy safe planet. We are your chapter of Canada’s only national grassroots environmental organization, working to bring your community’s concerns to the attention of regional and national leaders. Together, we are a credible, influential voice, working to make a better world a reality.
What are we up to?
Learn about our Wild Child programs in Nova Scotia and PEI for children aged 3 to 13
Check out our new Beyond Coal campaign
We help people fight back against corporations and government policies that threaten the region's environment and inflict harm and injustice on local communities. Here are just some of the issues we're tackling along with our allies:
- Unsustainable forestry practices, including the use of biomass to generate electricity
- Environmental racism
- Energy poverty
- Alton Gas
- Gull Island mega-hydrodam project
- Proposed LNG plant in Goldboro
- Small modular NUCLEAR reactors (SMRs)
- Fugitive methane leaks at Donkin Mine
- Proposed Sisson open-pit mine project
- And lots of talk and not enough action when it comes to transitioning off fossil fuels!
Sign up here for the Atlantic Activist Newsletter and to share your concerns and ideas with us.
Together we can make good things happen!