We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual to coordinate programs and volunteers in the Atlantic Canada Chapter of Sierra Club Canada Foundation. This is a three month position with an option to renew, depending on performance and outcomes. You will be working closely with the National Program Director (based in Halifax) and take direction from the Atlantic Canada Executive Committee.
About Sierra Club Canada Foundation - Atlantic Chapter
Sierra Club Atlantic is a vibrant grassroots organization that empowers people to protect, restore, and enjoy a healthy safe planet. We are a chapter of Canada’s only national grassroots environmental organization, working to bring your community’s concerns to the attention of regional and national leaders. Together, we are a credible, influential voice, working to make a better world a reality. The Atlantic Chapter works through education and action to green the economy and protect the environment. We engage in projects designed to connect children to nature, protect wildlife and wild spaces, and to offer solutions to climate change.
- Coordinating local volunteers, staff, and contractors delivering programming in Atlantic Canada (some projects include: Wild Child, Watch for Wildlife, Energy and Climate Change, and Re-imagining Halifax Harbour)
- Program development and fundraising
- Education, empowerment, and awareness regarding the endangered blue whale
- Promoting clean energy and energy conservation in Atlantic Canada through events, stakeholder engagement, and policy development
- Collaborating with Sierra Club entities on programs on issues of regional, national, and international scope
- Coordinating with the national organization
- Supporting the Chapter Executive Committee
- Event planning and coordination
- Responding to media inquiries and performing outreach on traditional and social media platforms as well as our website
- Project Budgeting
- Passion for environment and movement building
- Experience in fundraising
- Managerial experience, both in terms of working with paid staff and contractors and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in French and English an asset
This is a short term staff position ending Dec. 31st. with options for longterm employment depending on performance and outcomes. Pay rate is minimum $18/ hour, depending on experience, F/T position.
Location: Atlantic Canada
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to Gretchen Fitzgerald, email@example.com by 4 pm Atlantic Time on Nov. 4th. For more information on this position, please call 902-444-7096.