Do YOU know the quality of air you breathe? Many people do not.
Air quality (AQ) and its impacts are rarely discussed. It remains a silent killer.
Breathe Easy is looking to change that.
A little bit about Breathe Easy
- We are a citizen science initiative run in cooperation with Ecology Ottawa
- We are promoting air quality education through a learning-by-doing approach
- We are cooperating with local organziations, including the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and Peace and Environmental Resource Centre
- We are collaborating with the Canadian Environmental Network to promote and explore the intersectionalities between air quality, our health, and the climate
- We are working with schools to increase understanding about air pollution, conduct air quality monitoring, and teach students how to effectively communicate about science. If you're an educator and would like to participate, let us know.
- We are continuing to expand the project. Interested in volunteering? Fill out this form!
Check out what we've done
Take a peak at our publications
In the News
- Breathe Easy (BANAR)
- Citizen Science: Help Make a Better World (The PEN)
- Ottawa and Air Pollution (Perspectives Vanier)
- Targeting an invisible problem: Combatting air pollution with citizen science (National Observer)
- Our new MPs should be talking about air quality (Ottawa Citizen)
- How we'll help Ottawa get a better handle on air quality (Ottawa Citizen)
- They'd like to clear the air — pollution in Ottawa is slowly killing us (Ottawa Citizen)
- Ottawa has an air pollution problem and it's time we tackled it (Ottawa Citizen)
From the Field
- Take a Deep Breath...
- Field Notes from a Citizen Scientist
- The Sneaky Culprits Behind Residential Air Pollution
Air Pollution and Health
- Breaking News: WHO Releases New Air Quality Guidelines
Wood burning and Air Pollution
- That Nice Smell of Wood Smoke in The Air - Maybe It's Not So Nice
- The holiday tradition we’d be better off without
- Bad air quality day
- Having a bad air day?
Background Project Information
- How’s the air you’re breathing today? The BreatheEasy project can help you find out
- How serious is air pollution? We need to dig a little deeper to find out
- Preliminary Project Findings
Watch our multimedia
- All Hands on Deck - A Telling Tale of Tailpipes with Dr. Greg Evans
- Breathe Easy Presents: Lessons from London with Dr. Gary Fuller
- Webinar with journalist Beth Gardiner
- All Hands on Deck - How's the Air You're Breathing?
Check out related content
- Protesters' idling trucks are making downtown Ottawa's air quality worse
- CBC's Cross Country Checkup: Health effects of wildfire smoke
- 'Something in the Air documentary' by CBC's The Nature of Things
- Breathe Easy Ottawa
Have questions? Get it touch! Send us an e-mail: email@example.com
Click here to make a charitable donation towards our air quality work.
This project is funded by: