This election will be pivotal in determining the future we want for our families, communities, and planet.
The climate and nature crises are here. We need a government that we can trust to address the systemic inequalities that perpetuate environmental racism and harm some of Canada's most vulnerable communities. We have seen the impacts of wildfires, droughts, and flooding this summer in Canada. Many other communities face the impacts of coastal erosion, degraded sea ice, and melting permafrost which threaten their physical and mental health and the infrastructure they depend upon. Unicef has said that worldwide one billion children are now at extreme risk of climate impacts.
The good news is that the solutions exist and together, we can rebuild a more just society that is better for our health, the economy, and nature.
By sending your letter, when candidates come to you door, you say you will demand that any government that represents you commit to actions towards a nature-positive, carbon-neutral, and equitable world.
This letter will be sent to all party leaders and environment critics.
- Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
- Erin O’Toole, Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada
- Jagmeet Singh, Leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada
- Annamie Paul, Leader of the Green Party of Canada
- Yves-François Blanchet, Chef du Bloc Québécois
- Jonathan Wilkinson, Dan Albas, Laurel Collins, Elizabeth May, Monique Pauzé.
(Note: the People’s Party is no longer an official party and therefore not included here)