Sierra Club Canada Foundation (SCCF) is hiring an Ontario Chapter Coordinator. Candidate must be located in Ontario. Position begins as a 6-month contract at $15/hr with some flexibility and opportunity for extension.
Sierra Club Canada Foundation and its Mission:
Sierra Club Canada Foundation is a registered charity whose mission is to advance the preservation and protection of the natural environment in Canada and across the globe. We are unique in the environmental movement because we enable average citizens to organize activities that improve our local, national, and global environments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Organize and coordinate campaign-oriented events, including marketing and communications initiatives to increase public participation in environmental outreach, education and stewardship workshops
- Research and write materials with an environmental and sustainability focus, particularly relating to Sierra Club Ontario’s campaigns in Green Energy, Greenbelt, Great Lakes, and other local issues like conservation-related policies
- Develop and execute the Chapter’s digital communications plan including website content creation, social media marketing plan, and membership newsletter creation
- Assisting to develop Sierra Club Ontario’s membership growth strategy and strengthening member relations through online and public outreach methods
- Planning and implementing fundraising initiatives for the Chapter including researching and applying for grants, identifying corporate sponsorship opportunities, and handling member/donor relations as needed
- Assist in recruiting, training, and coordinating campaign volunteers, and perform other administrative duties as needed
Skills & experiences:
- A track record of successful communications management including website and social media marketing experience
- Event coordination and promotion
- Volunteer coordination
- Strategic thinker
- Organized and collaborative
To qualify you must meet the criteria for the Green Jobs grants program:
- 30 years-of-age or younger
- Post-secondary graduate within the past 3 years
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or granted refugee status
Interested applicants should submit their application as a single attachment (cover letter & resume) by April 29, 2018 via email only to: "HR@sierraclub.ca".
SCCF is committed to equity and respect for all peoples and persons in all of our work. Diverse candidates and qualifications are welcomed. We will accommodate disabilities.