Positions: Three Summer Student Interns
Type: summer jobs / summer student positions
Organization: Sierra Club Canada Foundation
Location: North York/Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario
Sierra Club Canada Foundation is hiring 3 summer students
Candidates in the Toronto's North York or Scarborough-areas will be given preference.
Sierra Club Canada Foundation and its Mission
Sierra Club Canada Foundation is a registered charity whose mission is to advance the preservation and protection of the natural environment in Canada and across the globe. We are unique in the environmental movement because we enable average citizens to organize activities that improve our local, national, and global environments.
About these positions
These are Canada Summer Job Positions, so you must meet these criteria to be eligible:
Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year; and
Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
There are 3 positions available; please indicate your preference on your application:
- Marketing & Communications Assistant (30 hrs/week for 12 weeks)
- Research & Project Assistant (30 hrs/week for 12 weeks)
- Online Engagement & Database Assistant (30 hrs/week for 8 weeks)
The Marketing & Communications Assistant and the Research & Project Assistant have similar duties:
- Coordinate and organize campaign-oriented events, including marketing and promotion
- Research and write materials with an environmental and sustainability focus relating to SCCF programs in Green Energy, Greenbelt, Great Lakes and more.
- Develop and execute Ontario Chapter's digital communications strategy including website content creation, social media marketing strategy and membership newsletters creation.
- Planning and implementing fundraising initiatives for the Chapter including grant, sponsorship and donor development.
- Assist in recruiting, training and coordinating campaign volunteers.
The Online Engagement & Database Assistant will:
- Assist in developing SCCF's membership growth strategy.
- Research the range of available analytics for our online communication and engagement (SCCF uses CiviCRM).
- Perform necessary database management and analytics to ensure effective communication with volunteers and donors
- Summarize our current practices and help train for appropriate application of new ones.
- Assist with planning and execution of events.
Post-secondary training in a related area
Confidence in data management and online research
Good written and oral skills
Experience with promotion and marketing
Organizational and time management skills
Remuneration: These jobs are 30 hrs a week at $14/hr. Start dates are flexible but must be completed by September 1, 2018. Training will be provided that will enhance the interns' skills especially in engagement organizing, volunteer management and science communications.
Interested applicants should submit their application as a single attachment (cover letter & resume) by June 1, 2018, via email only to:
*Include job title you are best qualified for in the subject line.
SCCF is committed to equity and respect for all peoples and persons in all of our work. Diverse candidates and qualifications are welcomed. We will accommodate disabilities.