Volunteers and volunteer leaders are the heart of the Ontario Chapter at Sierra Club Canada Foundation.
As a grassroots organization, we have limited full-time staff and are unable to cover all of the important issues facing Ontarians. It is our volunteers who primarily initiate and lead new campaigns, and keep the Chapter staff up-to-date on what is happening.
Possible Types of Volunteer Positions:
- Research on key campaign issues
- Membership development (e.g. membership growth plan, contacting existing members to renew their membership)
- Social Media and blogging
- Graphic design and multimedia
- Advocacy (e.g. writing letters to/calling/ meeting with elected officials)
- Public speaking and outreach (preparing and giving presentations, tabling at events)
- Fundraising (e.g. writing grant proposals, donor acquisition and engagement)
- Workshop and event planning
- Governance and leadership (e.g. sitting on executive committees)
- Our Breathe Easy project is currently recruiting new volunteers. Interested? CLICK HERE
- Watch for our bi-annual Volunteer Fair to learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities with Sierra Club Ontario!