Did you hear the bad news?
This is what 300 scientists are saying about the Northern Gateway environmental assessment:
- Failed to adequately articulate the rationale for its findings;
- Considered only a narrow set of risks but a broad array of benefits, thereby omitting adequate consideration of key issues;
- Relied on information from the proponent, without external evaluation;
- Contradicted scientific evidence contained in official government documents; and
- Treated uncertain risks as unimportant risks, and assumed these would be negated by the proponent’s yet-to-be-developed mitigation measures.
Here's your invitation to add your voice to the 300 scientists, thousands of Canadians and over 100 First Nations who oppose this pipeline. Send the Prime Minister an email now, today!