Do YOU know the quality of air you breathe? Many people do not.
Air quality (AQ) and its impacts are rarely discussed. It remains a silent killer.
Breathe Easy is looking to change that.
A little bit about Breathe Easy:
- We are a citizen science initiative driven by volunteers and advisors
- We're tracking air quality throughout Ottawa. We are on the hunt for ‘hot spots’, where the air pollution levels are potentially dangerous to our health
- We have also been researching work by others, gathering current information in this subject area
- We are cooperating with a research group from the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- We are continuing to expand the project. Interested in volunteering? Fill out this form!
Check out what we've done:
What do we know so far?
- While Ottawa's single government-operated AQ station tends to report AQ in the low risk range, we know that levels of air pollution vary quite a bit throughout the city. Our goal is to understand the air quality across Ottawa, using citizen science and low-cost monitors.
Take a peak at our publications:
- Targeting an invisible problem: Combatting air pollution with citizen science (National Observer)
- Our new MPs should be talking about air quality (Ottawa Citizen)
- How we'll help Ottawa get a better handle on air quality (Ottawa Citizen)
- They'd like to clear the air — pollution in Ottawa is slowly killing us (Ottawa Citizen)
- Ottawa has an air pollution problem and it's time we tackled it (Ottawa Citizen)
- The holiday tradition we’d be better off without
- Having a bad air day?
- Field Notes from a Citizen Scientist
- Breaking News: WHO Releases New Air Quality Guidelines
- The Sneaky Culprits Behind Residential Air Pollution
- That Nice Smell of Wood Smoke in The Air - Maybe It's Not So Nice
- How serious is air pollution? We need to dig a little deeper to find out
- Bad air quality day
- How’s the air you’re breathing today? The BreatheEasy project can help you find out
Watch our multimedia:
- Webinar with journalist Beth Gardiner
- Breathe Easy Presents: Lessons from London with Dr. Gary Fuller
- All Hands on Deck - How's the Air You're Breathing?
- All Hands on Deck - A Telling Tale of Tailpipes
Check out related content:
Have questions? Get it touch! Send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to make a charitable donation towards our air quality work.
This project is funded by: