We are searching for an impact-oriented, outgoing, passionate individual to grow our Beyond Coal Atlantic campaign and volunteer support system. The successful candidate must also ensure we grow to meet our organization's commitment to inclusion, diversity, and justice.
Start Date: December 1, 2020
Remuneration: Begins with a 30 hr/week, two-year contract at $19 - $23 / hr, depending on experience. Contract includes an initial probationary period. If successful, an extension will be offered. Employee is entitled to benefits in accordance with our personnel policy. Occasional travel may be required to participate in meetings and workshops and will be reimbursed.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter, CV and references in a single document to HR@sierraclub.ca by November 20, 2020. Apply early as applications will be evaluated as they arrive. Please put "Clean Energy Organizer" in the subject line of your email.
About Sierra Club Canada Foundation
At Sierra Club Canada Foundation, we empower people to be leaders in protecting, restoring and enjoying healthy and safe ecosystems. SCCF is a grassroots organization, with a “think globally and act locally” philosophy. Our framework allows members to actively contribute to environmental causes that concern or inspire them, in a capacity that best suits their capabilities. Engaging with local officials, working collaboratively with local organizations, and a strong volunteer base has allowed Sierra Club to successfully engage in environmental campaigns that directly benefit both people and the planet.
The Clean Energy Organizer will:
- Work with key leaders, consultants, and staff to develop and implement a communications & marketing strategy for the Beyond Coal Atlantic campaign.
- Secure communications and marketing consultants to create effective messages, media, and collateral in support of Beyond Coal campaign goals
- Conduct online, traditional media, and in-person communications to promote the goals of Beyond Coal Atlantic including but not limited to website content, social media, email and speaking engagements.
- Conduct data collection & analysis regarding our communications. Setting up processes in our database that streamline improved communication.
- Build alliances with a wide variety of community groups and stakeholders toward achieving our shared interest of clean energy and sustainable future.
- Utilize online engagement tactics and face-to-face (where possible) opportunities to recruit new allies, highlight clean energy and mobilize actions.
- Host or support Chapters and program staff in organizing regular meetings and in-person gatherings (where possible) to enhance relationships and skill/information sharing to achieve the Beyond Coal Atlantic goals
- Work with Clean Energy Campaiger to ensure long-term program sustianability through fundrasing and partnerships.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual preferred (French / English)
- At least two years’ Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, or Volunteer Engagement experience. Direct management of volunteers preferred
- Familiar with online engagement tools and technique using a database with CRM tools (Client Relationship Management) ie. CiviCRM or Salesforce
- Ability to engage people and organizations from a variety of backgrounds in shared goals
- Understanding of effective communications, including traditional media, social media and marketing
- Basic understanding of environmental science principles including climate change and carbon cycles
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Training or background with principles of inclusion, equity and justice an asset
Sierra Club Canada Foundation is committed to equity and respect for all peoples and persons in all of our work. Diverse candidates and qualifications are welcomed. We will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes.