Thank you for being a part of Exploring Common Ground: Creating a Framework for Better Dialogue Around Mine and Quarry Issues in Nova Scotia
To support your participation in the event, our speakers and session chairs have provided the following background material for your review.
- Eastern Shore Forest Watch Press Statement, Moose River Gold Mine, Feb. 1, 2008
- Eastern Shore Forest Watch Info Sheet - Impacts of Open Pit Gold Mine
- DNR Community Consultation Guide
- FAQ on Quarries, Mining Association of Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia - Mi'kmaq Consultation Process Website, NS Office of Aboriginal Affairs
- NSE Environmental Assessment Guide for Citizens
- NSE Environmental Assessment Brochure
- On Solid Ground Report, Ecology Action Centre and Sierra Club
- Regulations Fact Sheet, Mining Association of Nova Scotia
You can download conference presentations here.
February 24-25, 2014
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Canada Games Centre
26 Thomas Raddall Drive, Halifax, N.S.
Room: Community Centre
Event contact: Karen Mackenzie