Think Globally, Act Locally.
Volunteers and volunteer leaders are the heart of the Ontario Chapter at Sierra Club of Canada Foundation.
As a grassroots organization, we have limited full-time staff and are unable to cover all of the important issues facing Ontarians. It is our volunteers who primarily initiate and lead new campaigns, and keep the Chapter staff up-to-date on what is happening.
We are looking for volunteers with experience or expertise in our active campaigns:
- Great Lakes
- Green Energy and Nuclear issues
Volunteer positions available:
- Research on key campaign issues
- Membership development (e.g. membership growth plan, contacting existing members to renew their membership)
- Social Media and blogging
- Graphic design and multimedia
- Advocacy (e.g. writing letters to/calling/ meeting with elected officials)
- Public speaking and outreach (preparing and giving presentations, tabling at events)
- Fundraising (e.g. writing grant proposals, donor acquisition and engagement)
- Workshop and event planning
- Governance and leadership (e.g. sitting on executive committees)
If interested in one or more of the above volunteer opportunities, please send us an email with the title "Sierra Club Ontario - Campaign Volunteer", along with a copy of your CV, to ontariochapter [at] sierraclub.ca. Please outline your:
- Campaign of interest
- Relevant experiences
- Relevant skills and areas of expertise
To learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities with Sierra Club Ontario,