Blue Whale Project
The Blue Whale Project is a program of Sierra Club of Canada Foundation that seeks to be the proactive voice of the endangered Blue Whales in Atlantic Canada. The Blue Whale Project recognizes the Gulf of St Lawrence as critical habitat for this species and advocates for research, awareness, and responsible management of this essential marine ecosystem.
- A total moratorium on oil and gas exploration in the Gulf of St. Lawrence
- Identification and subsequent protection of the Blue Whale critical habitat as mandated by the Species at Risk Act (SARA)
- To raise awareness of the threats to the Blue Whale and the impacts of human activity – particularly oil and gas development – in the Gulf of St Lawrence
Find out more our work like the Blue Whale Project
- Take action to protect species like this.
- Sign up for email updates on our homepage.
- Sierra Club Canada’s work to protect biodiversity, nature, and endangered species.
More about what we stand for
We are powerful together! In 2020, our membership committed to create a movement for positive change in the decade ahead.
- We champion climate solutions and a rapid transition to clean energy.
- We fight for environmental and social justice.
- We work to protect and restore nature and endangered species.
- We believe in getting people outside to explore and enjoy the outdoors.
- We promote the conservation of resources.
Our Environmental Mission
Sierra Club Canada Foundation empowers people to be leaders in protecting, restoring and enjoying healthy and safe ecosystems.
The Sierra Club Canada Foundation (SCCF) is a national registered charity that includes four chapters: Atlantic, Québec, Ontario, and Prairie, plus the Sierra Youth Coalition, a group whose mandate is to empower young people to become community leaders. Please click on the link to find out more about the work of our Chapters.
Our success depends on the support of individuals and organizations whose generous donations make our work possible.
(CRA # 11914 9789 RR0001)