Volunteers and volunteer leaders are the heart of the Ontario Chapter at Sierra Club Canada
As a grassroots organization, we have limited full-time staff and are unable to cover all of the important issues facing Ontarians. It is our volunteers who primarily initiate and lead new campaigns, and keep the Chapter staff up-to-date on what is happening.
- Our Breathe Easy project is currently recruiting new volunteers. Interested? CLICK HERE
- Communications and events volunteers needed as we emphasize action and hope:
- Writing positive stories, conducting interviews and literature review
- Providing photos and/or short videos for publication
- Help by researching or reviewing municipal leaders and laggards
- Event coordinators to set-up a clean up or walks and talks in your favorite park
- Start a book club or write media reviews for publication on the SCO site
- Research on key campaign issues
- Advocacy (e.g. writing letters to/calling/ meeting with elected officials)
- Public speaking and outreach (preparing and giving presentations, tabling at events)
- Fundraising (e.g. writing grant proposals, donor acquisition and engagement)
- Governance and leadership (e.g. sitting on executive committees; helping to run key programs)
Watch for our bi-annual Volunteer Fair to learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities with Sierra Club Ontario!
E-mail us at email@example.com.