Looking ahead to 2023 and Ontario Volunteer Opportunities
At the end of 2022 Sierra Club Ontario volunteer leaders met for a planning session to look at the upcoming year. We discussed strengths, weaknesses and partnership opportunities. We considered both what we want to accomplish and how to engage others in the effort.
Some ideas that came from this session include:
- Enhancing good work and opportunities by highlighting success stories
- Working on the Expand the Ban of single-use plastics campaign as a coalition member
- Fighting misinformation by increasing our efforts in making information more accessible to the public
- Rallying in the South for northern and eastern issues
- Engaging the community in-person events (tree plantings, hikes, litter pick ups, etc.)
- Continuing our long term campaigns on the Greenbelt,Peel Region planning, and greenspace protection
- Bringing the Sierra Club Rights of Mother Earth/Nature campaigning to the Ontario Chapter
- Championing Biodiversity and the Sustainable Development Goals
- We can all use more focus on solutions and good news! SCO plans to start a new project publishing positive stories as well as information for public awareness themed on the Sustainable Development
- Goals (SDGs). By learning from other successes, one can strategically seek improvement personally or in your community.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, join us!
If you are interested in any of these or something similar and unique to your skillset, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-810-4204.